Contest for all my classes!
To build up our classroom library and help each of you find books to read that YOU enjoy, I'm starting a contest. The class that wins will enjoy a bagel and doughnut party on Friday, December 21st while we play vocabulary games in class.
The 'Basic' Rules:
- You MUST create an account on www.goodreads.com. Go to the website or click on the GoodReads bookshelf I created below.
- Look up the title of the book you plan to donate to the class.
- Write a BRIEF review of the book. Don't give out any spoilers, and you don't have to write an essay or even a full paragraph...but a simple sentence or two about why you liked the book or why it might be interesting to one of your classmates or peers is all you need to do.
- Print the review and tape it to the inside cover of the book.
- Bring the book to class. Make sure to give it to Mrs. Faust so she can initial the book and give your class credit!
- The class that donates the most books WINS.
- ALL BOOKS ARE DUE BY THE END OF 9TH PERIOD ON WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 19TH! I'll be taking bagel orders on the 20th :)
P.S. I'm NOT discussing this contest during class time. If you have questions you can ask me before or after class or send an email or tweet! The only way to get all the details is to visit this webpage or ask a classmate.
The 'Fine Print' Rules:
- You may donate as many books as you wish! But you must include a 'review' for each one.
- Reviews that are riddled with spelling and grammatical errors may be rejected, but you can resubmit them once you proofread them!
- Feel free to 'add' me on your GoodReads account but keep in mind that it is a school account! I can see the books you review and you will be able to see the ones I review.
- Books must be appropriate to share in a school setting. You know what that means; if you're not sure, ask and I'll let you know.
- Books must be at least a middle school reading level. The Outsiders is considered a 7th or 8th grade reading level.
- I will update statistics via Twitter on a daily basis (or at least every other day!).
- PLEASE NOTE: These books are for donation to our class library...they will be available to ALL of my students to borrow. As with the books I have already donated to our library, I ask that they be read and returned for others to enjoy. We do not have an official 'check out' system, we use the honor system. Please respect our class property and treat these books with care and return them when you are finished. If you write a GoodReads review about it as well, even better!
My GoodReads bookshelf...
Remember to proofread your review!
Once you start reviewing books that you like, GoodReads will start recommending other books based on your profile and interests. It's a great way to find new books to read that YOU pick out and enjoy, not your teacher!